- At the start of the year I had to pull together a little software engineering team to kickstart building out the technology responsible for handing off design, controlling quality and running manufacturing operations at Ideal Modular Homes. I was lucky enough to convince the brilliant mind of Duncan Nisbet, the unstoppable Andy Tango and Chris Moorst of Kitsune fame to come onboard.
- We learned a lot about modular construction and sustainable materials in construction.
25,000+ Protective Visors for Healthcare Workers
- As covid19 began to bite in Northern Europe, lockdown happened. Central Manchester was baron link
- In March we were facing a big shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE). I kicked off a thread on Twitter (link) that sparked a lot of conversation about how the indie-maker community in the North West could assist healthcare by making PPE.
- 2 months / 40 + volunteers / 1 handcrafted ordering and dispatch system / £20,000 in donations later, we had produced, sanitised, packed and distributed well over 25,000 protective visors to healthcare workers right across the UK.
- People processed orders, printed instructions, volunteered to produce, worked their asses off and donated generously from far and wide to help us bring this to life.
- Yours truly doing my best to hide my west country accent live on Heart Radio link
- Liverpool Echo interview link
- The website visors.doesliverpool.com
This & That #21
In the summer I produced a new mix.
- Cycling beats lockdown cabin fever link
- Haven’t been to Cornwall in years. It was lovely to head back there this summer.
- We figured out if you put Cornish in front of anything, it sounds scrumptious. Cornish Fuels.
- Found some nice old tins for design inspiration.
- In August we brought home a tiny Weimaraner puppy. She’s called Chaka and she is bananas. Namesake link
- We were lucky enough to escape to Istanbul and Kas for a few weeks. Istanbul is a clash of east and west.
In November we moved Fetch into production; assisting the design, manufacturing, quality control and installation of Ideal’s latest £268million eco-friendly affordable homes project for the Royal Borough of Greenwich, London.